Monday, May 10, 2010

A little game I've played before.

A typical little get-to-know-you game that I've played at meetings and first day of classes, and just read one on my favorite new blog: Happys and Crappys. Tell us one good thing (happy) and one bad thing (crappy) about your day today. As my trip is starting to come to an end, I can't help but want to play this game, just a little bit.

Happy: I went to the dog tracks on Friday. Get the student discount. Look at the info book. Pick the dog with the coolest name to win because I have nothing else to base my decision on as I have NO knowledge of racing at all. Place your bets. No more than 2euro for me. Run down to the track. Watch as the dogs parade around, then are shoved into the starting gates. The mechanical rabbit zips by and out go the dogs. Cheer for about 30 seconds. Go collect your prize! Repeat.
Crappy: Overall, I lost about 3euro, which isn't as bad as some of my friends, who ended up losing 20, but still. I was hoping to come away a winner.

Happy: My last final is on Wednesday! After that, I will officially be a senior!
Crappy: I actually have to study for it, which as I've told you all before, is difficult here. I've even admitted to dreaming about being in Memorial Library. Who would have ever thought I would want to be tucked away on the 3rd floor, in a cubicle, with no windows, no people, no noise, no distractions, just me and my studying?

Happy: Sullivan is coming on Friday! I haven't quite made our itinerary yet, but I can promise she will never want to leave, and not just because I won't be coming home yet. Hurry up Friday!
Crappy: Almost all of my friends here are going home between now and Saturday. I can't imagine being in Galway without them. Our time here has been so wonderful, with the best people and having such a great time together, I can't believe we only have a few days left. It hasn't quite hit me completely, but in the next couple days, Ireland just won't be the same.

Happy: Meals prepared by my roommates and I, including Oatmeal Pancakes, White Vegetable Lasagna, and the most delicious Potluck dinner yet.
Crappy: Feeling WAY too full because you just can't get enough of all that good food.

Happy: Family coming in almost 2 weeks.
Crappy: That little bit of worry I have that the ash clouds will interrupt their flight plans. If they can't come (or Sullivan) watch out- I will not be happy.

Happy: In a few days, having all the time in the world to just hang out in Ireland and do whatever I want.
Crappy: ........................ nothing.

2 comments:

  1. happy = new blog posts from jen!!!! crappy = work. boo.

    oatmeal pancakes, yum. smitten kitchen? did you know she's coming out with a cookbook next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,
    Sorry I have been so bad at keeping in touch. We got the postcard today. Your trip sounds like it has been amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it in person. Our cabin has walls now. It is really cool! We'll have to go check it out when you get home. We can visit driving there and back. Love you, Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete